Thursday 14 January 2010

My Parents Were Awesome


This is Michael, submitted by Chris. ------------->

My Parents Were Awesome is one of those blogs you subscribe to that makes you check for updates on a daily basis.

What hooked me first is that it's just a collection of old family photos (which I have a bit of a thing for anyway, even what they're not my family photos). Then you see an image that perfectly explains the premise of the blog to you. It's about recognising the coolness of your parents. For those submitting images, they are showing the world how awesome their parents are (a very unique and genuine mark of respect, I think), and for those just looking at the collection, it sets you thinking about your own parents. For me, it wasn't long before I found a picture of my dad worthy of submission to the website. (Though I don't think he'd be too happy with me showing the world a photo of him in a 70s fashion disaster...)

So go and have a look, and recognise that your parents were awesome too. I can assure you, they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment